- The USDA-certified quarantine services for imported mares and stallions tests for Contagious Equine Metritis (CEM). CEM quarantine is required for all mares and stallions over 731 days of age that are imported from countries infected with CEM. It is the only certified CEM quarantine facility in North Carolina and one of a small number along the East Coast.
- The Equine Reproduction Clinic provides services for equine infertility, embryo transfer, semen collection/freezing and transport, artificial insemination, reproductive emergencies, and reproductive surgery.
- Diagnostic Testing assists veterinarians by providing rapid testing of samples.
Facility: Equine Health Center at Southern Pines
We prefer a referral from your primary veterinarian for most services, some services are open to the general public such as the quarantine services for imported mares and stallions.
After the referral has been made, owners may call us to make the appointment. Referring Veterinarians can also call for consults at anytime.
It is not possible for us to provide advice about patient treatment over the phone or by email; however we will gladly schedule appointments and provide the owner with some general information about the problem. The EHC-SP is located at 6045 US Highway #1 North Southern Pines, NC 28387, about 60 miles south of the NC State Veterinary Hospital. It is within easy access to both I-95 and I-40, and is centrally located along the Atlantic Coast.
We offer personal service, low prices, and fast turn-around times. When you call during our regular working hours, you will speak to a staff member, not an automated phone service. Operating hours are
Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm. Closed on federal/state holidays.
Veterinarians may obtain the Prices and Services Guide by contacting our office by phone or mail.
Questions? Call Christina Reynolds or Tammy Stewart at 910.692.8773
- Tammy Stewart, Facility Manager
- Pamela Wilser, Laboratory Manager
- Christina Reynolds, Office Assistant