Dr. Keith Montgomery and the Genetics Laboratory at North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine are performing a research study to identify the gene mutation responsible for Siberian Husky crystalline corneal dystrophy. Our goal is to use this research to develop a DNA test and help breeders decrease the frequency of this disease in Siberian Huskies.
We are inviting new participants for this study:
- Siberian Huskies of any age diagnosed with crystalline corneal dystrophy by a board certified veterinary ophthalmologist
- Siberian Huskies at least 8 years of age with normal eye examinations
- DNA from your dog is submitted by blood draw performed by a veterinarian or veterinary technician
- Send 2 – 3 mls of blood in an EDTA tube (refrigerate prior to shipping)
- Sample does not need to be refrigerated during shipment
- Double bag blood sample or place in secondary container to avoid breakage or spills
NCSU – College of Veterinary Medicine
ATTN: Veterinary Genetics Laboratory
Dr. Montgomery (Ocular genetics)
Research Bldg. 228
1060 William Moore Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27607