A variety of reproductive services are offered by the NC State Equine Theriogenology Service. Our Board Certified Theriogenologists (Reproductive Specialists) at the VHC offer expertise in the breeding, diagnosis and management of high risk pregnancies. The theriogenologists also have a strong interest in provision of reproductive services for stallions, including training for semen collection, evaluation of infertility, and semen freezing.
- Routine breeding management of mares and stallions
- Training of stallions for semen collection
- Female and male infertility evaluations
- Advanced assisted reproductive technologies
- High risk pregnancy evaluation and management
- Reproductive emergencies and reproductive surgery
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
Facility: Equine and Farm Veterinary Hospital & Equine Health Center at Southern Pines
This service is available for referral and open to the public. Please call to make an appointment.
“Had the best experience with the therio staff. they were on time, kind and patient with answering my questions and explaining things to me, and i think they sincerely wanted to help me understand. they were also a wealth of knowledge and I trust the care and recommendations they gave my horse.” Cheryl C. November 2012